The Product Development Academy promotes the following initiatives:
- Scientific Excellence Initiative: Collaborative research to express current and desired product development capabilities.
- Educational Excellence Initiative: Identify, analyze and form guidelines for development of educational and learning activities within the product development field.
- Industrial Transition Capability Initiative: Industry, society and academic collaboration focusing ability to facilitate strategic change of capabilities and lifelong learning within the product development field.
Areas of work
PDA is active in the following arenas:
- National research collaboration
- Development of national product development research strategy
- Development of a product development research platform
- Educational collaboration
- National product development education strategies
- Collaboration across university boundaries regarding programmes and courses
- PhD Student Initiatives
- National meeting place for product development students
- Technology and knowledge transfer
- National platform for cooperation between researchers in industry and academy